Seasonal Gardener - Greenhouse Team Red Butte Garden
The Horticulture Department at Red Butte Garden is seeking seasonal gardeners who want to work with plants and learn more about their care. Do you prefer working indoors in a greenhouse, learning about plants, while working with people who are passionate about what they do? Are you interested in working out of doors when needed and willing to learn about perennials, trees, and shrubs? We strongly prefer people who are committed to the role of a Botanical Garden within the community and want to be a part of a great team!
- Providing excellent plant care within our greenhouses and seasonal plant display areas.
- Ensure plants are healthy through proper watering, weeding, detailing, and general greenhouse upkeep. Other plant care duties include transplanting, deadheading, pruning, and basic propagation.
- Hand watering plants daily to insure proper moisture levels. Hand watering requires constant attention to detail for several hours a day.
- Assisting with all greenhouse team priorities and goals including installing and maintaining seasonal displays, integrated pest management, preventative maintenance, and achieving production goals.
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of greenhouse facilities, operating soil mixer, working from ladders, and assisting with various outdoor tasks.
- Acts as steward for the Garden to greeting and answering questions from garden guests.
This position is non-benefitted. $15.00/hr including a free public transportation pass with employment.
Must be able to commit to working 16-29 hrs./wk. Shifts are predominately during regular business hours, from mornings to mid-afternoons. May require occasional evening hours and/or weekend shifts. Exact schedule will be coordinated with supervisor upon hire. Season runs for 9 months from employee start date.
See posting number: PRN14006N
For more information about these positions, and to apply on-line, please see https://employment.utah.edu/
Reference the position’s respective posting number.