Grounds Technician at Davis School District – Full Time
Under the direction of the Grounds/Irrigation Foreman, the Grounds Technician installs, troubleshoots, maintains and cares for landscapes including mowing, tree care, fertilization, aeration, and herbicide application; may also help install, troubleshoot, and maintain irrigation systems, including controller programming and central control systems.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Three (3) years of experience related to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Position may also be under-filled as an apprentice with less experience.
* Driver's License
* Ability to obtain CDL within 4 months.
* Pesticide Applicator's License, or ability to obtain after hiring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and write and perform basic mathematical calculations, as required in reading labels, mixing hazardous materials and in maintaining grounds/repair records.
* Knowledge of equipment repair, maintenance, and safety procedures.
* Knowledge of landscaping and sprinkling systems (including thorough knowledge of installation and repair).
* Knowledge of playground maintenance and safety requirements.
* Practical maintenance knowledge and ability.
* Ability to read blueprints and diagrams for landscaping and irrigation purposes.
* Knowledge of material safety data sheets (MSDS) preferred.
* Ability to use computers and small office equipment.
* Ability to use or repair small and medium equipment and machinery.
* Ability to maintain inventory and property.
Apply here: https://dsdjobs.net/announcement/21016