Shipping and Order Fulfillment at Perennial Favorites
This is a full-time position. Employees will be eligible for full benefits including health, dental, and IRA 60 days after starting. Full time employees will also be eligible for 40 hours of PTO after one year with an additional 8 hours accrued for every year after up to 80 hours.
Perennial Favorites is a family owned and operated company and have built a fun and friendly working environment. They are looking for people who take pride in what they do, eager to learn new skills, creative, enjoy working outdoors and is willing and able to work well with people of all types.
In this position you will be pulling orders for a range of customers with varying quality standards. As the season progresses you will be helping to maintain operations. Duties will include consolidating plants, trimming, planting, and helping to maintain the facility.
The Horticulture industry is filled with wonderful, down to earth people excited to be out in Mother Nature and working with great people in the sun. It allows individuals to be creative and help cultivate the beautiful world around us. There is so much pride to be taken in helping a plant grow from a small seedling to its maturity and to be able to see the joy and beauty it creates in our world and in the eyes of those who see it.
You can use this link to Apply - https://www.perennialfavorites.com/?page_id=4641
- Order Fulfillment.
- Gathering plants around the nursery.
- Order/plant accuracy.
- Being able to read and gather the correct plants listed for each order.
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Organized and efficient in all duties.
- Cleaning and organizing plants and orders.
- Labeling orders and plants.
- Expected to stay until the job is finished, long hours in spring.
- No time off accepted in April, May, June (our busy season).
- Being a team player, creative ideas to help productivity, positive attitude.
- Must be on time since you are working with a team.
- This includes starting in the morning, after breaks, and returning from lunch.
- Working with other departments.
- In the off season you may be spending most of your time in departments other than shipping.
- Priorities sometime shift quickly depending on receiving deliveries and you will occasionally have to switch tasks at a moment's notice to help other departments. (Helping with cuttings, unloading /loading delivery trucks, pulling will-calls, maintenance around the property, trimming /cleaning plants in the greenhouses, moving /consolidating crops ect.)
- Any and all other tasks that management deems necessary.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Able to do physical work, with the ability to lift 25-60 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Willing and able to work long days.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability resolve issues in a prompt and timely manner, while working under pressure. Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work on new tasks and projects.
- High School or GED education.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
Salary, Bonus, & Benefits
- $14.00-$16.00 an hour based on experience and education.
- Raises each year to salary depending on performance and sales year.
- Annual bonus (depending on performance and sales year).
- 5% - 10% of total wages earned for current year.
- Overtime hours will be required of you, mandatory during the spring season and are paid as straight time. (No overtime pay due to our ”Agricultural” status.)
- 40 hours paid personal time after one year, additional 8 hours each year. Up to 80 hours.
- 1 week Christmas to New Year’s paid vacation.
- All major holidays paid off.
- 100% of dental and vision premiums (employee and family).
- 50% of health premium (employee only).
- IRA employee contributions match up to 3% of total wages.
If you have any questions please contact Cody Rhoades - firstname.lastname@example.org