Seasonal Gardener - Turf, Irrigation, and Equipment (Red Butte Garden)
- Providing excellent care for our outdoor Gardens.
- General maintenance of turf, underground irrigation system, and equipment, including: mowing, trimming, weed-eating, digging, raking, irrigation system maintenance/repairs, snow removal, and applying ice-melting products.
- Light equipment maintenance and monitoring including: fueling, ensuring proper fluid levels, lubrication, tire pressures, general safety, and correct operation of equipment, including some moderate to heavy lifting.
All applicants must apply on-line; please do not contact the department directly. Go to https://employment.utah.edu/ and enter the respective job posting number. job number PRN13347N
Perks of working at Red Butte Garden, a department of the University of Utah:
- UTA pass while actively employed at the U of U.
- Discounts for campus events and the campus store, as well as campus library privileges.
- Staff receive a half-price discount on Garden classes, an employee discount in our gift shop, advance registration opportunities for kids camps and concerts, and two free concert tickets for our Outdoor Concert series.
- Staff are provided work shirts and gloves, and on-the-job training.
- A variety of work schedule options, coordinated with supervisor upon hire.
Red Butte Garden is accessible via several bus routes that stop in Research Park and at the University Medical Center, as well as the Trax Red line, followed by a short walk or on-demand university campus shuttle. For more information see: